Re: [Simulavr-devel] call for review documentation / manual

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] call for review documentation / manual
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 21:29:51 +0100

On 6 February 2012 20:45, ThomasK <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> the first release is the hardest ... ;-)

There has been multiple releases before. Users do not know the code
base is different.

> Now I've pushed a first version of manual for upcoming release 1.0 to
> savannah: http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/simulavr/manual-1.0.pdf
> (signature:
> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/simulavr/manual-1.0.pdf.sig)
> (Attention, the link for tarball for version 1.0.0 isn't valid in the
> moment!)

Both the PDF and SIG are 404.

> @Petr: because you have made some work for Visual Studio environment: could
> you build an image with Visual Studio from release branch?

Binaries compiled with MinGW run on Windows just fine, they do not
need cygwin DLLs or anything. There is no advantage of releasing a VS
build in addition to a MinGW build. VS builds have no extra feature
and have limited capability of loading ELF files when not using GDB,
due to some issues with libbfd.

--
Petr Hluzin