Re: [Simulavr-devel] call for review documentation / manual

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] call for review documentation / manual
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 19:49:57 +0100

Hi Eric,

Does the project have documentation that explains how you build those
windows binaries via mingw? Or is it pretty straight-forward?

Yes, there is about half page on page 21. Yust a few hints from my experience with mingw and building simulavr. But it's a lot of work to get environment with all needed tools complete for it!

Just a list of packages from msys, which I use: bash, bzip2, coreutils, gawk, gzip, libiconv, libintl, liblzma, libregex, libtermcap, msysCORE, tar, xz, bison, crypt, diffutils, file, findutils, flex, gettext, grep, inetutils, less, libasprintf, libbz2, libcharset, libcrypt, libgettextpo, libiconv, libmagic, libminres, libopenssl, locate, make, minres, openssh, openssl, patch, perl, sed, termcap, texinfo, unzip, zip, zlib (+dev).

And from mingw32: autoconf2.5, automake1.11, binutils, gcc, gcc-c++, gcc-core, gettext, gmp, libasprintf, libgcc, libgettextpo, libgmp, libgmpxx, libgomp, libiconv, libintl, libtdl (+dev), libmpc, libmpfr, libpthread, libssp, libstdc++, libtool, make, mingwrt, pthreads (+dev), w32api.

Then also winavr, swigwin, python. Tcl and wish is included in gitwin, (as I remember) but normally I don't build tcl interface.

The packages before are this, what's in MY environment! It dosn't mean, that ALL is needed, but if something dosn't work with build, then it's maybe a hint, what's missed!

Feel free to ask, if something isn't clear or if you have some suggestions to extend documentation.

cu, Thomas