sketch-devel

Re: Help on 0.7

From: Bernhard Reiter
Subject: Re: Help on 0.7
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 17:19:28 +0200

Hello Christof!

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 03:49:43PM +0200, C. Ecker wrote:
> I would like to help with the development of the gtk version.

This is appreciated a lot.

> I was wondering where to start. Any suggestions ?

I think the plan is to get 0.7 to the point where 0.6. already is
according to what can be done with it.
Check out the stuff and run the tests is a first start.
If you just start skenctil 0.7. you will right away see that
there are many things to be desired.

> (By the way the task list on savannah appears empty also for me)

It is empty because there are no defined tasks. :)
But patches and bugs are there for me today.
E.g. Patch #3145 is for 0.7.x. you could try it and then add a
comment about what you think about the patch.
You could check for bugs in 0.7. and comment on those, too.

> Something I am interested in is the multiline text support you announced
> as a goal of the 0.7 series. Did you make any plans for that ?

I guess that is for Bernhard to answer.
My take is that we currently need more doing than planning. ;)

Best,
        Bernhard R.

If Skencil is useful for you, consider tipping the project:
               http://www.skencil.org/payments.html