RE: ./configure fails, cannot find libmilter?

From: Ron Snyder
Subject: RE: ./configure fails, cannot find libmilter?
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:04:01 -0800

> /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb
>
> So yes, that DOES carry weight. :)

Yep.  I'm onboard now! :)

> So let me get this straight:
>
> Edit site.config.m4
> cd to libmilter
> ./Build
> ./Build install
> ./Build -c from top level
> ./Build install from top level?

That's what worked for me.  If you _don't_ install the libmilter stuff
first, then your sendmail binary will link with the previous version of
libmilter.a, and since that's not a shared archive (or dynamically loaded),
all of the old libmilter code would get used.  (Bear in mind, I don't know
how much code sendmail actually uses from libmilter.a-- I'm just using what
I know of libs and linking to explain this.)

I suspect that libmilter may not have changed very much-- I didn't bother to
relink spamass-milter after installing the new libmilter, and I've not had
any problems so far.

-ron