[orca-list] Orca + Wireless Headphones? Audio forces through internal sp

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: [orca-list] Orca + Wireless Headphones? Audio forces through internal speaker. :(
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 07:43:07 +0200

... And as Luke answered in the Speechd mailing list, this is managed
then by whatever audio output is set in Speech-Dispatcher's
configuration, preferably pulseaudio in this case.

To check, and unlike you changed the default configuration for audio
output with the spd-conf command, type:
grep AudioOutputMethod /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf

If pulse is not used, yiu can set it so using spd-cpnf or (assuming you
are the only user of the laptop) edit this file to have;
AudioOutputMethod "pulse"
This will work if your speech-dispatcher has been compiled with support
for pulse. Telling which distribution and version you use could help
find out that.

Didier