Force speechd to send audio to wireless headset?

From: Matt - Envrin Group
Subject: Force speechd to send audio to wireless headset?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 20:30:52 -0700

Hi everyone,

Hope there's some active individuals on this list.  Basically, went
blind 20 months ago, so now use Orca screen reader.  Recently bought a
bluetooth keyboard and headphones, and have the headphones working
with all audio going through them, except for Orca screen reader.

I guess Orca sends all output to speech-dispatcher, then it does what
it does.  Is there any way to force speech-dispatcher to force all
audio to the wireless headset instead of sending it through the
internal speaker?

A fix to this would be awesome, and I'd be forever grateful.  That way
I can just throw my laptop in a corner somewhere, and work perfectly
fine anywhere within a ~20m radius with just my wireless keyboard and
headset.

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt