Re: Space

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: Space
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 96 10:07:18 MST

Doug Donalson asks:

>In a piece of the code it says that the lattice won't accept more
>than one object per lattice site.  If this is a hard and fast rule
>then is there a way around it?

There are a couple of ways around it. There's no rule that says you
have to use our space objects - this flexibility is central to Swarm.
Several people here haev already implemented their own space objects
that do exactly what you want.

The other way around it is to wait a bit. I'm working now on improving
the space libraries. First step is improving the library so the
various space objects are properly placed in an inheritance hierarchy,
with classes that implement spatial variables and, yes, multiple
objects in one spot. Second step will be improving the way one uses
coordinates to allow multiple scales (and geometries) of lattices to
interact. This project is top on my list, so with luck I'll have
results soon.