Swarm Journal

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Swarm Journal
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 17:55:57 -0700

Dear Pietro,

I think the idea about a Swarm Journal is very cool. I envision
something along the lines of the Mathematica Journal, i.e. a mixture of
3-4 short articles on new classes, tools and tricks and 2-3 papers on
actual models. This would be exclusively published on the web (with
mirrors in Europe, Asia and the US) maybe 4-6 times a year.

Although there should probably be some review process, perhaps it would
be best to aim for something scientifically informal but technically and
graphically well designed - since the focus would be on applications of
the Swarm platform and people would not get much academic credit in
their specific fields from publishing in this venue anyway.

In my mind the point should be to experiment with electronic publishing
of agent based simulations (i.e. to find better ways to present the
model & fine grained data along with the results) and to evangelize
Swarm & Agent-Based Modeling.

Why don't we start collecting names of people who would like to submit
papers and/or work on editing and putting out the first "proof of
concept" issue?

Regards,
-Benedikt

Benedikt Stefansson                 address@hidden
Department of Economics, UCLA       Fax. (310) 825-9528
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477          Tel. (310) 825-1777