Re: Tcl needs network?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Tcl needs network?
Date: 22 Jun 1999 14:32:53 -0700

LG> I have recently installed Swarm
LG> on my notebook (running Win95) and experienced a rather strange
LG> behaviour. Whenever I run a Swarm program, it starts by complaints
LG> produced by the Tcl interpreter about -- if I get it right -- not
LG> finding sockets/network. Is it a possible reason? (That's true,
LG> that having neither network card no modem yet I skipped the
LG> installation of any network support.)

That's the problem alright.  The drag and drop mechanism in BLT uses a
feature that ends up (with Windows) sending information via sockets.
The sockets support requires that you have the winsock dll and related
stuff.  One way to get the winsock stuff by setting up your machine
for dialin to an ISP.