Re: Anybody try CodeWarrior for Linux?

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Anybody try CodeWarrior for Linux?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:18:53 +0200

Paul Johnson wrote:

> In my opinion, it was frustrating because the Swarm setup is designed to
> use Makefiles and there is the include of the makefile stuff in
> Makefile.appl.  Since MW, and the free (nice!) clone of it called Code
> Commander, do not use standard Makefiles, there is some fiddling you
> have to do to make sure all the system Makefile ingredients are
> incorporated.

I'm not familiar with it enough to understand these Makefile hacks. But
re Objective-C, Code Commander is open source, and I think that by now
the parsing code in it is based on standard stuff like lex/yacc. So in
theory one should be able to leverage off the C/C++ parser to write a
class browser etc for Objective-C.

So in case somebody thinks summer vacations are stupid and wants to
spend his time inside hacking...

Benedikt

--
---