Re: sets

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: sets
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:02:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> ... It's fixed for the next release.
See what I mean!

> In the mean time, probably the easiest thing to do is go
> ahead and use the -count method.  Note that it isn't in
> the Set protocol, so if you say "id <Set> set", the
> compiler should remind you about the problem.

On a related topic (but probably not necessary for the
`count'/`getCount')...

I'm not sure if its general knowledge, but Swarm has macros
for identifying which version is being built against.  See
<defobj/version.h>.  There's also a string constant defined
in <swarmconfig.h>.  Of course, I'd try to avoid using them
if at all possible.

Marcus, any caveats to using those macros?

Ken.

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427