Re: accessing counter

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: accessing counter
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 11:11:58 +0200

        Hi Marcus,

        my question is a little bit different.

        I report newly my code:
in 'anObject.h'
int count;

in 'anObject.m'
- createEnd
{
  count = 0;
- doSomething
{
  count = count % stepNumberInACycle;
  if (count == 0) { a lot of things}
  count++;
  if (count == 1) { another lot of things}

in 'ModelSwarm.m'
[modelActions createActionTo: anObject message: M(doSomething)];
        My question is: can we use an existing internal Swarm counter to known
(from 'anObject' which is executing 'doSomething') how many whole cycles
have been previously executed by the schedule (and, may be, in which sub
step are we, if n>1 in setRepeatInterval: n)? Obviously, avoiding to count
them, as I do with my 'count++' line.

        Pietro