Re: accessing counter

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: accessing counter
Date: 27 Jun 1999 19:49:23 -0700

PT> (and, may be, in which sub
PT> step are we, if n>1 in setRepeatInterval: n)? Obviously, avoiding
PT> to count them, as I do with my 'count++' line.

There isn't an efficient interface for this.¹ Nonetheless, here's one
way.  It will probably have adequate performance provided there isn't
too much in the repeating schedule.

- step
{
  timeval_t t;
  id index = [schedule createIndex: scratchZone
                       fromMember: getCurrentAction ()];

  [index get: (id *) &t];
  printf ("%lu %lu\n", getCurrentTime (), t);
  [index drop];
  return self;
}

¹ The efficient way to get this information is to cast the current
schedule activity to a statically typed class and dereference to its
currentIndex.  But I'm not at liberty to reveal specific code for that! :-)