Re: swarm-2.2-pretest-2 running problems

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: swarm-2.2-pretest-2 running problems
Date: 30 Oct 2001 09:06:31 -0700

MM> I have some problems in running java simulations from the cygwin
MM> shell.  I usually go to the directoyr in which my classes are
MM> located and then I run from there sh /swarm-2.2/bin/javaswarm
MM> StartBug

Do you have SWARMHOME set to /Swarm-2.2 in the environment and exported?

Btw, if you add /Swarm-2.2/bin to the PATH in the environment (just the bash
environment, autoexec.bat), you won't have to type out that path.

MM> It gives me:
MM> Internal error: caught an unexpected exception Please check your
MM> CLASSPATH and your installation.  java/lang/NullPointerException
MM> ...then it dumps Kaffe.exe ...

MM> Now my classpath contains swarm.jar and I didn't make anything
MM> strange during the installation.

You don't need to have swarm.jar in the CLASSPATH, as `javaswarm' will
add it.  Does jheatbugs run?