Re: swarm-2.2-pretest-2 running problems

From: Tim Howe
Subject: Re: swarm-2.2-pretest-2 running problems
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:36:02 -0800

MM,

I also have seen the Swarm/Java NullPointerException. Being unfamiliar with
Swarm, I used this brute-force approach to solve the problem:

I put diagnostics such as <<System.out.println ("point 0")>> at the tops of
a few major methods throughout the application. Running that and refining
the diagnostics based on the output, I found out exactly which variable
Swarm
was complaining about. In my case it was a Grid2d. In your case you would
presumably compare it with what JBuilder is doing.

By the way, I tried trapping NullPointerException, but that didn't help.

- Tim