Re: compiled and registered swarm XPCOM - could i have a crash course ?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: compiled and registered swarm XPCOM - could i have a crash course ?
Date: 03 Jan 2002 02:59:08 -0700

MD> 4) Call QueryInterface to get the specific interface you want from
MD> your object in #2.

MD>    [I haven't checked to confirm, but my understanding is that
MD> XPCOM now has a `interface flattening' feature that means that it
MD> isn't necessary to do QueryInterface to get specific interfaces.]

Ok, Mozilla does indeed provide new features for this, and the latest
Swarm snapshot now has enhancements to use 'em.  QueryInterface still
works, but using it is optional.  Still haven't tried Python, but
JavaScript is much nicer.  Python/XPCOM clearly states that it
supports flattening.  So, it ought to be doable and be nice to use...

 ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/testing/swarm-2002-01-02.tar.gz