Re: darwin gcc3.1 problem

From: W . Northcott
Subject: Re: darwin gcc3.1 problem
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:09:51 +1000

This happened to me a few months back after trying to install gcc3.1.  The
problem was that I was left with a mixture of gcc2.95 and 3.1.  The
combination will not compile even 'Hello World' which is why the configure
script is bitching.

On one computer I managed to fix the old compiler by disabling the Fink
initialisation script which changes the PATH, and deleting all traces of
gcc3.  On another I had to reformat the disk and start again.

Since then I have been very careful and only tried to install gcc3 using
an account without admin priveleges.  That way you can't overwrite the
original.

There is currently pressure from people on the gcc3-darwin list for a
package install to make it easier for testers like ourselves.  Hopefully
something will come of it.

Bill Northcott

Jacobo Myerston <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden