Compiling swarm on linux & latest swarm version

From: Lourens van der Meij
Subject: Compiling swarm on linux & latest swarm version
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:36:12 +0100 (CET)

Problem installing latest swarm from source on RH7.2
I am trying to compile swarm on linux redhat 7.2 from source.
The thread "Re: swarm tools compiling error" solved one of my
problems because I also did not have gperf installed before
trying to install swarm.(I downloaded swarm-2002-02-06.tar.gz).

make gave errors:
Part of output of make:
.
.
Finished loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/leim-list.el
   and load others...
Index failed
Could not find `addFirst:' in `List_any'
Could not find `listBegin:' in `List_any'
Could not find `addLast:' in `List_any'
Could not find `removeFirst' in `List_any'
Could not find `removeLast' in `List_any'
Activity failed
PermutedIndex failed

Installation went on (make continued, make install did not complain), but
when I used javaswarm:
Exception caught: /usr/local/lib/libjavaswarm.so.1.0.0:
/usr/local/lib/libjavaswarm.so.1.0.0: undefined symbol:
_i_ActivityControl__runActivity
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin
        at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)
        at swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:25)
        at StartSimpleBug.main(StartSimpleBug.java:9)

It could be that I need to do something with emacs for the
installation, any ideas?

Latest version (numbers) windows installation vss source installation?
I was asked to give technical support here to a swarm-user. He
asked me to use the most recent version of swarm. On
windows I used ftp ....w32/latest/Swarm-2.2-pretest-5.tar.gz
implying version 2.2 for swarm.

All linux rpms seemed to have version 2.1. That's why I
started compiling from source, (ftp  src/testing/swarm-2002-02-06.tar.gz)
but just now I see that file VERSION in the source distribution contains:
2002-02-06
2.1.131

Question: are builds  from Swarm-2.2-pretest-5.tar.gz and
swarm-2002-02-06.tar.gz basically the same version?

Thanks,

Lourens

address@hidden