swarm-swarmfest2007

RE: [Swarmfest2007] Banquet speaker

From: Burkhart Roger M
Subject: RE: [Swarmfest2007] Banquet speaker
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:20:30 -0500

Randy Burge wrote:

> Perhaps the founder of Innocentive, Alpheus Bingham.
> InnoCentive was formed out of discussions at a SFI lecture in
> 2000/2001. Maybe some of you know Alpheus from his SFI
> interactions...I do not (Roger? SFI BizNet?).
>
> http://www.innocentive.com/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocentive
> See SFI Bulletin: pages 26-27

http://www.santafe.edu/research/publications/bulletin/fall2004v19n2.pdf

Yes, I know Alph Bingham from of his participation 4-5 years ago with
the SFI Business Network.  He doesn't seem to have been involved in the
Business Network more recently, but several SFI-affiliated people such
as John Miller, Jim Rutt, and Scott Page have worked with him or
featured his work and could help make the contact for us.  Scott Page
features Alph's Innocentive web site in his lead intro to his new book
on
Diversity ("The Difference: How the Power of Diversity Creates Better
Groups, Firms, Schools, and Societies").  The Innocentive concept is not
about real swarms made of people, not simulated ones, but I expect the
Swarm audience would be interested.

--Roger