tasklist-idea

[tasklist-idea] Re: GNU task list management

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [tasklist-idea] Re: GNU task list management
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 21:04:34 -0500

    The thing that we need to work out is where to store the additional
    information behind each task.  In the old task list we had items like
    "a program to test a hard disk" with no additional information.  I'd
    like to have a place to store the "story" behind each item, like who
    asked, etc.

It doesn't make a big deal of difference who suggested a software
package to write.  It is just a suggestion that somebody might want to
work on.

Please, let's not put a lot of work into keeping track of suggested
projects.  I've seen this kind of thing happen many times: when
hackers start to work on something, they're not satisfied doing it the
easy way.  They have to develop some complicated system to do the job.
There would be no harm in doing that work, except that there is so
much else for us to do that would really make a difference.