therion-users

Re: [therion-users] Therion a MacOS X 10.2.3 - working!!!

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [therion-users] Therion a MacOS X 10.2.3 - working!!!
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:51:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat 25 Jan, Martin Sluka wrote:
> Thanks to remote login and Stacho! Therion and xtherion work on my
> iMac with MacOSX!

Excellent.

> Martin

> >Therion a MacOS X 10.2.3 :

> >3. instalation of Survex v. 1.0.22 - without any problem, cavern
> >works, but caverot and xcaverot are not compiled (lack of xvWindows)
> >no paths probably

You presumably mean wxwindows (the cross-platform system Aven uses?)

> >There is a version of X11 for MacOS X on http://www.apple.com/macosx/X11
> >Is it useful for caverot, aven, ... ?

xcaverot only needs X, so this should allow you to compile that.

Aven needs wxwindows and GTK which needs a load of other stuff too. A
version needing less resources has recently become available which we will
try to get running on an ipaq soon so we can have aven on lower-power
devices.

I have no idea what the state of wxwindows on macosX is, but it's probably
coming if it's not available already.

Wookey