therion-users

Re: [therion-users] Therion a MacOS X 10.2.3 - working!!!

From: Martin Sluka
Subject: Re: [therion-users] Therion a MacOS X 10.2.3 - working!!!
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:50:08 +0100

At 11:23 +0100 23.2.2003, Stacho Mudrak wrote:

 > Down is a list of available MacOSX Open Source projects. There are
 X11 Extension and Tcl/Tk among them. X11 for MacOS X is an Apple
 project, so it isn't there.

Here in the list it's probably called XFree86 ;-))) I have no idea why so
many names are used for the same X Windows system...

There is the X11 for MacOS X + SDK in download area of www.apple.com.

 > continues with setup of paths and privileges. The same with therion -
 huge mishmash of shells, paths, privileges.

This seems to me like the core of all problems. I have no idea how do shells
work on Mac OS X.  I've changed /etc/profile settings, but only text console
bash shell was affected. When you run Xterm, these settings are
completely ignored. That's the reason, why xcaverot does not work from any
location (/usr/local/bin is not in the PATH).

The default shell for MacOS X is ssh. But it is all I know about it.

Martin