therion-users

Re: [therion-users] Therion a MacOS X 10.2.3 - working!!!

From: Martin Sluka
Subject: Re: [therion-users] Therion a MacOS X 10.2.3 - working!!!
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:20:22 +0100

May you explaine to me, please, what it means X, X11, wx, wxWindows, etc. There is a slang I'm not able to understand.

Way is not the best idea to compile survex with X11 - configure is evidenly looking for it?

You people of Unix understand each other, but for me, foreigner, it is very difficult...

To read hundreds pages of documentation and experiment hours and hours is not a way for me.

:)

Martin

At 08:40 -0700 20.2.2003, John Halleck wrote:

> > I have no idea what the state of wxwindows on macosX is, but it's probably
 > coming if it's not available already.

I run X on the mac. It is workable (and has been for the last few releases).
 You can start X as one of your startup items, and once it is started it is
 pretty transparent.   I probably wouldn't advise it if you run with the
 absolute minimal recommended memory for running MacOSX