therion-users

Re: [therion-users] Therion a MacOS X 10.2.3 - working!!!

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [therion-users] Therion a MacOS X 10.2.3 - working!!!
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:34:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun 23 Feb, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> > Down is a list of available MacOSX Open Source projects. There are
> > X11 Extension and Tcl/Tk among them. X11 for MacOS X is an Apple
> > project, so it isn't there.
>
> Here in the list it's probably called XFree86 ;-))) I have no idea why so
> many names are used for the same X Windows system...

'History' :-)

> > continues with setup of paths and privileges. The same with therion -
> > huge mishmash of shells, paths, privileges.
>
> This seems to me like the core of all problems. I have no idea how do shells
> work on Mac OS X.  I've changed /etc/profile settings, but only text console
> bash shell was affected. When you run Xterm, these settings are
> completely ignored. That's the reason, why xcaverot does not work from any
> location (/usr/local/bin is not in the PATH).

Will the use of autoconf help with the problems of paths and MacOS
variations? it should do, but maybe I am misunderstanding.  I've lost track
of the state of the autoconfing excercise as I was away - is it now part of
the standard therion package and build process or is more work still
needed?

I expect to get back on the case and package the latest Therion release in
the next couple of weeks and finally upload to Debian. Expect mails
accordingly :-)

Wookey