tiger-user

Re: [Tiger-user] Filtering some of tiger's outptu

From: Chris Niekel
Subject: Re: [Tiger-user] Filtering some of tiger's outptu
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:36:17 +0100

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 05:50:40PM +0100, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> Umm... you shouldn't, if you do that's a bug in the script.

Well, there is a bug. In /usr/lib/tiger/systems/Linux/2/check_listeningprocs
(ii  tiger 3.1-4 Report system security vulnerabilities)

line 75 does okprocessusers=$Tiger_Listening_ValidUsers
Line 97 uses $okprocessuser

Note that the first has a 's' at the end, and the second does not. In
effect, the list of allowed users is always empty.

Looking through the CVS version, I notice that that part of the code is
already rewritten, and the bug fixed.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the latest version to enter testing.
Until then, I'll just ignore the messages and hope glibc will get fixed
soon.

Thanks,
Chris Niekel

--
    I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
            - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.