uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] mac os x and usb to serial adapter

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] mac os x and usb to serial adapter
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:12:38 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Joakim Arfvidsson wrote:

> This is probably the exact adapter I'm having trouble with. Picture:
>
> http://www.elfa.se/elfa-bin/setpage.pl?http://www.elfa.se/elfa/produkter/en/6121.htm
>
> This is a sample command you might want to look at:
>
> /usr/local/bin/uisp -dprog=avr910 -dserial=/dev/cu.usbserial0
> -dpart=auto --erase --upload --verify if=rom.hex
>
> You might want to change -dprog if you don't have that kind of external
> hardware. /dev/cu.usbserial0 is the default location of the serial
> port. Check out this:
>
> /usr/local/bin/uisp
>

> My problem with this adapter is that I have to reinsert it between
> every programming. When programming from AVR Studio in Virtual PC
> though, it works! And the usb-serial adapter is NOT taken over by VPC
> at the USB level, but only at the serial port level (COM1 is redirected
> to /dev/cu.usbserial0).
>

> If anyone happens to know the chipset of the Aten adapter, I would like
> to know.

Has anyone tried this adaptor on a linux box?

I don't have access to a Mac system, so I can only make guesses as to
what is going on there. :-(

Are you getting any error messages from uisp when this problem occurs?

Do you think that it is a problem with the device driver supplied with
the adaptor?

Ted Roth