uncc-dev

Re: [Uncc-dev] Re: playing with uncc

From: Little-John
Subject: Re: [Uncc-dev] Re: playing with uncc
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:58:52 +0100

* Sebastien Bechet (address@hidden) ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> Le jeu 06/11/2003 à 14:15, Robert Millan wrote :
> > Thanks for rising the point but please use the mailing list next time,
> > otherwise it doesn't get archived.
> ok.
>
> > As for the Debian package, I'll update it when CVS is again newer than
> > release tarballs (as it should be).
> Little John or megabug, do you plan to synchronize CVS a day ?

 we are very CLOSE to a new cvs commit, and uncc will present some new
features like a first implementation of plugins.

> Some Segfault problems come from type.h/MAX_PARAM_LEN : too small for
> "String" params. An idea to solve this problem is to do dynamic
> allocation (another reason is Memory, I stress uncc a little w/ 15Mo asm
> sourcecode and it toke 2Go+ RAM :-p)

 the matter is we are concentrating on "how the decompilation engine
should work", ie variables recognition, pointers, algebraic expressions
resoltion, cycles recognition and so on. When we test uncc we know
its memory limitations and function name length constraint, so we feed
it with ad hoc programs. Once uncc will fulfill our requirements we
will make string allocation dynamic.

> Another good idea is integrate uncc concept in HTE editor () because, in
> my mind it is not really useful to uncc a full software

 indeed
 in the uncc we have in mind, a user will be able to decompile a
single function.

>but it can be
> really useful to work on specific functions found/extracted with
>HTE.

 atm all that i can say, uncc is gpl, if you find a way to include it
in hte i am pleased. but for a while me and megabug will code it as a
standalone software

 cheers,
 lj

--