uncc-dev

Re: [Uncc-dev] Re: playing with uncc

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Uncc-dev] Re: playing with uncc
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:23:33 +0100

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:58:52PM +0100, Little-John wrote:

>  the matter is we are concentrating on "how the decompilation engine
> should work", ie variables recognition, pointers, algebraic expressions
> resoltion, cycles recognition and so on. When we test uncc we know
> its memory limitations and function name length constraint, so we feed
> it with ad hoc programs. Once uncc will fulfill our requirements we
> will make string allocation dynamic.

Keep on it! A lot of people are looking forward for uncc.

Btw, it gets good results in Debian's popularity contest:

  http://people.debian.org/~apenwarr/popcon/

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)