[vile] Error from xvile after building latest motif version

From: cl
Subject: [vile] Error from xvile after building latest motif version
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:40:34 +0100

I'm building xvile with motif widgets on a Slackware 11 Linux box.

It's a virtually unmodified Slackware 11.  I am building version 9.5k
of xvile (i.e. the 9.5 version with all patches applied), the
configure line is just:-

    ./configure --with-screen=Motif --with-x

Everything goes OK, it builds and installs, but when I try to run it I
get:-

    Error: XtCreateWidget "menuEntry" requires non-NULL parent

What have I done wrong?

--
Chris Green (address@hidden)