Re: [vile] Error from xvile after building latest motif version

From: J. Chris Coppick
Subject: Re: [vile] Error from xvile after building latest motif version
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:59:30 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 09:20:19AM -0700, J. Chris Coppick wrote:
>> Thomas Dickey wrote:

>>> It's not in a single place.  A ":show-variables" $cfgopts shows the
>>> interesting ones.  But there's nothing that shows what libraries you used
>>> (which shouldn't be a factor here).
>>>
>> Of course, if the original build directory is still intact you can check the
>> top of the config.log file.  This is why you should never ever ever throw
>> anything away, ever.  :-)
>>
> So it is:-
>
>     ./configure --with-perl --with-screen=Motif
>
> So I've not done anything with the 9.5 build except that I left out
> the "with-perl".

I'm not using Motif, but I note that for my 9.5 build on Ubuntu I had to
specify the x-includes and x-lib dirs for some reason.  Apparently I used
the ridiculously long config command:

$ ./configure --disable-imake --with-screen=Xaw --with-Xaw3d
              --with-Xaw-scrollbars --with-drag-extension --with-perl
              --x-includes=/usr/include/X11 --x-libraries=/usr/lib
              --with-xpm

Probably has more to do with Ubuntu weirdness or misconfigurations on my
part, but I thought I'd throw it out there just to hear myself write.  :-)

   Chris