[vile] My 9.5k error is caused by my .vilemenu

From: cl
Subject: [vile] My 9.5k error is caused by my .vilemenu
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:12:40 +0100

If I remove my .vilemenu file then xvile 9.5k no longer fails with:-

    Error: XtCreateWidget "menuEntry" requires non-NULL parent

It works OK with the default menus though.  I discovered this (sort
of) by adding "--with-trace".  The end of Trace.out when xvile dies is
then:-

    parse_menu(/home/chris/.vilemenu)
            B New(New) -> Action-new_xvile
            S (New)
            B Edit .vilerc(New) -> Action-edit_rc
            ..
            ..
            ..
            B HTML(Attributes) -> Macro-24
            B Makefile(Attributes) -> Macro-32
            B ProC(Attributes) -> Macro-33
    H Help
            B General(Help) -> Action-help
            B Bindings(Help) -> Action-describe-bindings
            B Motions(Help) -> Action-describe-motions
            B Operators(Help) -> Action-describe-operators
            S (Help)
            B Apropos...(Help) -> Action-cmd apropos
            B On Function...(Help) -> Action-cmd describe-function
            B On Key...(Help) -> Action-describe-key &gts
            S (Help)
            B Show modes(Help) -> Action-show-modes
            B Show variables(Help) -> Action-show-variables
            B Show registers(Help) -> Action-show-registers

The .vilemenu file looks pretty innocuous:-

    B:New:new_xvile

    B:Edit .vilerc:edit_rc
    B:Parse .vilerc:parse_rc
    B:Edit .vilemenu:edit_mrc
    B:Dirs:edit-file ~/info/dirs
    B:Quit:quit
    B:Force quit:quit-without-save
    #
    C:Edit
    B:Search Forward...:cmd search-forward
    B:Search Backward...:cmd search-reverse
    B:Reload File:cmd e!
    B:Rename Buffer:cmd rename-buffer
    B:Edit:cmd edit-file
    B:Rename File:cmd filename
    B:Manual for...:29
    B:Word Manual:8
    B:Indent Level...:31
    B:Window Title...:35
    B:Font 6x13..:setv $font=6x13
    B:Font 7x14..:setv $font=7x14
    B:Font 8x13..:setv $font=8x13
    B:Font 9x15..:setv $font=9x15
    B:Font 10x20..:setv $font=10x20
    B:Font 12x24..:setv $font=12x24
    #
    C:Buffers
    B:Toggle Show:toggle-buffer
    B:Kill Current:delete-buffer $cbufname
    B:Single Window:delete-other-windows
    L:list_buff
    #
    C:Attributes
    B:C/C++:17
    B:Tk/Tcl:22
    B:HTML:24
    B:Makefile:32
    B:ProC:33
    #
    C:Help:help
    B:General:help
    B:Bindings:describe-bindings
    B:Motions:describe-motions
    B:Operators:describe-operators
    B:Apropos...:cmd apropos
    B:On Function...:cmd describe-function
    B:On Key...:describe-key &gts
    B:Show modes:show-modes
    B:Show variables:show-variables
    B:Show registers:show-registers

No big problem, I'll just use the default for the present.

--
Chris Green (address@hidden)