wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] Correcting the early finish bonus

From: Asa Swain
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Correcting the early finish bonus
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:37:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
   I have noticed recently that there are situations
where the player gets more money by delaying the
completion of a scenario, than from the early finish
bonus. The whole idea of the early finish bonus is to
keep the player from having to artificially extend the
length of a scenario just to gain money.

Right now the early finish bonus is calculated like
this:
2 gold (base income for player's side) + 1 gold per
each village on the map at the start of the scenario

The problem is that if the scenario gives the player a
starting income higher than zero (which is the
default). In many of my scenarios, I use income= to
start the player with a higher income, which means
that if I set his income to be 4 then his income per
turn is actually 2 + 4 + the number of villages he
controls on the map. This discrepency penalizes
players who end scenarios early.

When the early finish bonus is calcuated, can we
please include any additional income generated from
the income=(number) WML tag. That way we make sure
that the player can never get less gold by finishing
early than he could by waiting around.

Thanks,

Asa