wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Correcting the early finish bonus

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Correcting the early finish bonus
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:22:40 +0200

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 09:37:44PM -0700, Asa Swain wrote:
> Right now the early finish bonus is calculated like
> this:
> 2 gold (base income for player's side) + 1 gold per
> each village on the map at the start of the scenario

In addition, as far as I can tell, villages created or destroyed by
events are not included in this calculation, further skewing the picture.
IIRC, this is already in the bug tracker.

> When the early finish bonus is calcuated, can we
> please include any additional income generated from
> the income=(number) WML tag. That way we make sure
> that the player can never get less gold by finishing
> early than he could by waiting around.

Heartily seconded.  We need a more accurate calculation of the early
finish bonus, which takes into account additional income, and ideally
also modifications to the number of villages during play.

-- address@hidden