xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk and x11 in parallel

From: h . g . muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk and x11 in parallel
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:09:28 +0200

> Let me know what you think.

It would definitely be an advantage to be able to do a 'gradual takeover'
of X functions by GTK functions. I am still not really sure how helpful it
would be, but if it is, I could continue to eliminate X-code from the
XBoard front-end. (E.g. redo the New Shuffle Game dialog, and redesign the
Time Control dialog.)

As long as the GTK version or any mixed version can nether be built on
Ubuntu 8.04, nor on Windows + Cygwin, its usefulness will be rather
limited, though.