xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk and x11 in parallel

From: K12
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk and x11 in parallel
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 09:50:22 +0100 (BST)

So using this method you could start by replacing some of the Xt popup windows
such as engine output, move history etc with GTK versions.

You would still have a problem with the (non popup) widgets in the main window
though wouldn't you? I am thinking that the (non popup) GTK widgets need adding
to GTK containers which are added to the main GTKWindow. You can't add Xt
widgets to the GTK containers (or am I wrong?). If not then you won't be able
to have mixed GTK/Xt widgets in the main window. This would mean you have to
convert the main window including menubar, board and pieces etc from Xt to GTK
in one go which sounds like a lot of work.

When I looked at the Xboard GTK-20100806 version I thought it didn't look bad.
Are there some problems with this version?

Thanks,

JC