yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] Producing HDR images with yafray

From: Diego Pino Navarro
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] Producing HDR images with yafray
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:42:03 -0400

Hi,

I don´t agree with you, i.e DV compression is so bad (YUV: 4:1:1) that even your best color range gets messed up, 32 bit is only usefull for Cine compositing(35mm, super 16 and maybe HD(10bits only) and depth maps. but anyway I think you are not understanding opensource the right way, your idea of posting code only to someone that can really help you is a little selfish..but i can live with HDRI images as output, or modify teh source(and post it) myself.

Documentation says you should avoid Gamma/Exposure correction, have you tried it?

Diego