yafray-devel

[Yafray-devel] Re: Re: Producing HDR images with yafray

From: GSR - FR
Subject: [Yafray-devel] Re: Re: Producing HDR images with yafray
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 22:09:18 +0200

Hi,
address@hidden (2005-05-19 at 1131.02 -0700):
> However, his site is mostly about evangelizing the compositing
> community about the benefits of image processing in linear space
> (which is a very good thing, btw).

In linear float, not just linear. The page
http://mysite.verizon.net/spitzak/conversion/multiply.html is like

"
       1. Downconvert the frame to 8bit
         . Apply a x5 brightness to light up the part that's in front of
the tree
         . Shoot to video

       2. Apply the x5 brightness on the half-float EXR image
         . Downconvert the result to 8bit
         . Shoot to video
"

He has also http://mysite.verizon.net/spitzak/conversion/blur.html
about night shots and lights. Composing the original image and the
blur with roll off one gives a nice bloom result.

What I will not disagree is that if you can have all the range with
lots of steps, better.

GSR