yafray-devel

[Yafray-devel] Producing HDR images with yafray

From: mgix
Subject: [Yafray-devel] Producing HDR images with yafray
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:32:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I've patched yafray to get it to output unclamped
floating point (HDR) images in TIFF format.

It works fine in the sense that I get the full
floating point dynamic range in penumbra areas,
which gives me a lot more freedom at the compositing
stage.

However, I haven't been able to get it to output
unclamped floating points values, specifically
pixel intensity values above 1 (which are essential
to get clean lens flares in low light scenes with
spotlights.)

Instead of digging through the code, I thought
you guys may be able to point out why things are this
way (why I can't get a pixel intensity value above 1),
and where I may intervene in the code to fix this.

Also, if the floating point TIFF output code interests
anyone, I can post that.

Cheers,

    - Emmanuel