Re: [Adonthell-devel] Can not compile “Waste’s Edge”

From: Kess Vargavind
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Can not compile “Waste’s Edge”
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:34:53 +0100

> The Makefile was the problem ... it is fixed and in CVS. So after an
> update it should work.

Thanks. The Adonthell 0.3 engine builds like charm. Running make on
the wastesedge module outputs this at the end before it fails:

Making all in dialogues
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/kess/.prog/cvs/adonthell/wastesedge-build/scripts/dialogues'
make[2]: *** Ingen regel för att skapa målet "*.py", som behövs till
"*.pyc".  Stannar.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/kess/.prog/cvs/adonthell/wastesedge-build/scripts/dialogues'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fel 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/kess/.prog/cvs/adonthell/wastesedge-build/scripts'
make: *** [all-recursive] Fel 1

(I'm too tired too figure out how to de-localise the error messages,
basicly it says something like:)

make[2]: *** No rule to create the goal "*.py" needed for "*.pyc".
Stopping.

> Just note that there isn't any real change in v0.3 ... apart from
> keeping it up-to-date for new versions of its dependencies and the
> occasional bugfix, it's a dead branch. All new development happens on
> v0.4.

While I am aware of that I would like to learn how to translate
projects with po files. And this seems like a good choice, as I both
love the game in general and find the script great. So in this regard
it's quite perfect that it is a dead branch. :)

But do not expect a Swedish translation. If I ever completes one, I'll share it.

Kess