aramorph-users

[Aramorph-users] A possible contribution

From: yousef Elarian
Subject: [Aramorph-users] A possible contribution
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 07:14:33 +0000

I have run AraMorph on large corpora. Naturally, it couldn't analyze some words. I am thinking of extending the original set of Arabic stems in the stem dictionary. The unrecognized words can be stemmed using an Arabic stemmer. There is an open-source one by Kareem Darwish. It's in Perl. If I need experience in Java, I know no Perl at all.

What do you think about the idea? Does it interest you in this mailing list? Who can help most if not in this mailing list? Who can help me running the Perl scripts?

Regards

Yousef Elarian

Faculty of Graduate Studies

Computer Engineering Deptartment

Jordanian University of Science and Technology J.U.S.T.