aramorph-users

[Aramorph-users] tagging

From: yousef Elarian
Subject: [Aramorph-users] tagging
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:35:07 +0000

>>The unrecognized words can be stemmed using an
>>Arabic stemmer.

>Why not use the current internal mechanisms provided by Java Aramorph ? It >could at least help you by detecting the valid prefix/suffix combinations.

We need a tagger to tag the output (stemmed by AraMorph's Analyzer and Stemmer) of the words that Buckwalter's analyzer couldn't analyze to add them to the database.. Any suggestions?

Many instances are common typos that can easily be eliminated by normalizing the rest of ALEF characters to bare ALEF.

Yousef Elarian

Faculty of Graduate Studies

Computer Engineering Deptartment

Jordanian University of Science and Technology J.U.S.T.