aramorph-users

Re: [Aramorph-users] A possible contribution

From: Pierrick Brihaye
Subject: Re: [Aramorph-users] A possible contribution
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 09:54:53 +0200

Hi,

yousef Elarian a écrit :

I have run AraMorph on large corpora. Naturally, it couldn't analyze some words.

I'm always interested to know where it fails and, especially, how it fails.

I am thinking of extending the original set of Arabic stems in the stem dictionary.

Sure. We've already discussed of using a convenient format for such extensions : XML sounds of course the most promising (that's the solution retained by Tim Buckwalter's Aramorph 2.0).

The unrecognized words can be stemmed using an
Arabic stemmer.

Why not use the current internal mechanisms provided by Java Aramorph ? It could at least help you by detecting the valid prefix/suffix combinations.

Does it interest you in this mailing list?

Everything that could actually go into Aramorph for Java is interesting.

Who can help most if not in this mailing list?

He who wrote the stemmer ?

Who can help me running the Perl scripts?

The *huge* Perl community ?

[HUGE snip of the tail quotation : I'm quite picky on netiquette rules]

Cheers,

p.b.