artanis

Re: Is There Any Means to Call an External Site/API from a Controller?

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Is There Any Means to Call an External Site/API from a Controller?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 17:29:08 +0800

Hi jgart!
Yes I planned to write Artanis as a lightweight framework. But there's
reason why it seems so heavy right now.

The short story is that, I plan to provide a base framework, and other
things should be plugins, say, DB, http client, json, session,
authentication...so people may choose what to install as they need.

However, when I had done most of the things, I realized that Scheme
didn't have a good pkg manager. I prefer to integrate everything
since I've been using Artanis to develop my product as well, and the
integration is good for my practical purpose.

After many years, I think Guix is a good pkg manager for that
case now. Frankly, my original plan is to write a pkg manager for
Artanis. But Guix is good enough now, and I don't think I have to wrtie
a new one.

So here's the final answer. I hope to keep only artanis-core, say,
URL-remapping, app folder, server-core, configuration, pluggins
mechanism. And put all other things as small plugin project. Of course,
people may contribute their own, for example, authentication, and
register it as a plugin.

This will make Artanis more hackable, and we could organize a better
community around Guix.

The technical things can be done any time, but I need to spend much time
for it. I plan to start this plan from the next year.

What do you think?

Best regards.