Re: AC_DEFINE questions

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: AC_DEFINE questions
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:42:14 -0800

> Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:41:23 -0500 (EST)
> From: Jeff Squyres <address@hidden>

> I'm not going to tell every one of my developers
> that they need their own local installation of autoconf

You don't need to do that.  You can have a single directory that is
shared by your developers, which contains tools like Autoconf.  Your
developers can be responsible for maintaining this directory, which
they can prepend to their PATH.

Most of the projects around here contain some software-generating
tools that are specific to that project.  These tools are treated with
the same care that source code is.  This is quite common practice, and
it sounds like it would make sense for your organization.