Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20060119 Released

From: Martijn van Balen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20060119 Released
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:58:50 +0100

Eric,

Let me start by thanking you (and others involved) for this fine package.

I've developed a small board using the mega2561.
If I read the datsheet of the mega640/1280/1281/2560/2561 it seems
that all these devices are using 3 bytes on the stack for PC push/pop.
This would mean that I could use -mmcu=atmega1281 to generate code
for my mega2561. The only drawback would be that I need assembly to access
the upper half of the program flash, which I don't mind for now.

Question: I'm I correct ?

I tried to have a look at the sources, but the CVS repository seems to be empty...
I was wondering where I can find instructions and sources to be able to rebuild
the WinAVR package from scratch.

The "WinAVR User Manual - 20060119" refers to many patches but it seems unclear
where to find them. For example, where do I find "gcc-3.4.5-newdevices.patch" ?

Kind regards,
Martijn.