Re: [avrdude-dev] Win 32 port

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Win 32 port
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:17:52 +0100

On Thursday 12 February 2004 15:51, Daniel Williamson wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I have eventually got back to processors and played with the native
> win 32 port from the link you gave me.  I no longer get negative
> times showing up but I still get errors.
> A verify with the cygwin build also showed up errors and the board
> wasn't working with known good software.

Would you please post the times needed for write and verify. This way
we can probably tell if Win2k behaves differently from WinXP.

> Here are a list of errors that I saw.  Note that I got multiples of
> these errors and most of the time the mismatch was at 0x0200.
> Funny that it is always on a page boundary?

If writing of a page fails, than it is likely that verify fails on a
page boundary. However, I would like to analyse the error pattern in
greater detail. Would you please send the original .hex-file
and the read-back contents of flash to my email-address (not to the
list).

Please use a large file for this.

> Occurence 1
> avrdude: verifying ...
> avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
>          0x0c != 0x00
> avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

This one is weird. I would have expected a 0xff ;-)

> Hope this helps.

We are getting close ;-)

Cheers
  Jan-Hinnerk