RE: [avrdude-dev] Win 32 port

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] Win 32 port
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:35:17 +1300

Hi Jan-Hinnerk,

> On Friday 13 February 2004 02:15, you wrote:
>
> Was it your intention to send this only to me?

Arr no! I seem to get caught out by this often. For some reason this
list (and only this list) seems to be configured to set the headers so
that if you click reply in your email client, it only send it to the
poster and NOT THE LIST. It's a bit annoying and would be nice if it was
changed...

> I think that a simple fallback code should stay in.
> I just realised that gettimeofday() does in fact work on win32. (At
> least it is used for progress report and this seems to work without
> cygwin ;-) Most likely there is a wrapper to some windows function in
> gcc.

Well if gettimeofday() is supported then, fix my / -> % typo and leave
it in so there is a fall-back in case someone with an ancient PC tries
to use it. However I would not spend much effort on this.

Guess once all this is sorted the Win32 specific mods really need to be
merged back into CVS some how.

> See above. I will post a suggestion to the list.

Cheers

Alex