bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Shabdix download

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Shabdix download
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:14:15 +0200

On Friday 26 December 2003 03:58, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 December 2003 10:04, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> > > aryan , there is no differentive between img ( image ) and iso
> > > (iso image) , just use '-data' on cdrecord .
> >
> > The important thing for iso files is not to use -data when using
> > cdrecord. I don't know about .img files, but I used Arash'
> > suggestion and renamed it.
> >
> > Even if practicaly there are no differences, users as I said will
> > get confused. All the documentation refers to writing iso files,
> > the K3B menu says "Write ISO images" and so on.
>
> Yeah, exactly, but it generates a .img file ;)
>
> > Anyway, let's hope that BerliOS guys can rename it there.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Forget it, they never answer! I have given up and it seems that .img
> is doing a good job anyhow.

Yeah, it seems to be fine.

Just I can't underestand one part, I thought K3B is for burning CDs, not
making ISO images. I still create my images with mkisofs.

Cheers

--
/*  Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, etc are all loans from the public
domain. They are not a property ('intellectual' or otherwise.) */

Aryan Ameri