classpathx-discuss

gnujaxp build system (was: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Fw: [Classpathx-xml]

From: Arnaud Vandyck
Subject: gnujaxp build system (was: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Fw: [Classpathx-xml] What is the status of gnujaxp?)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:22:27 +0200 (CEST)

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dalibor Topic <address@hidden> writes:
> > --- Arnaud Vandyck <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Why don't you base the build system on jakarta-ant? Apache
> > > License is also free software, isn't it?
> >
> > Kind of, but GPL incompatible according to the FSF.

So apache httpd (Apache License) should also be in contrib? But it's
not.

> > And I don't know if any free VM can really run latest/any Ant
> > releases all that well (kaffe can with a bit of prodding).
[...]

OK.

> If we really cared we would get ANT builds up and running on free
> VMs.

:-)

> But none of the contributing hackers really likes ANT much. It's no
> suprise, make is a GNU tool. Why should we have to download ANT.

ok, I'll learn make :-)
well, I'm building my first debian packages so I have to know a little
bit make :-)

> I would have no problem including an ANT build in GNUJAXP if someone
> wants to make one. But I don't have the time.

Thanks but don't do this just for me, I'll switch to make.

So, if I want to use make for my own personnal projects, can you point
me (url?) how to compile a whole project?

-- arnaud @ home
FingerPrint: 82F3 45D0 F1B2 D79E D0BE  5188 E2FC C566 EEB6 B4C2