Re: coreutils-9.0.193-54bec on CentOS 7

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: coreutils-9.0.193-54bec on CentOS 7
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:05:22 +0200

Pádraig Brady wrote:
> > FAIL: tests/cp/sparse-perf
>
> What file system is this?

It's an ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,data=ordered).
Filesystem features:      has_journal ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype
needs_recovery extent 64bit flex_bg sparse_super large_file huge_file uninit_bg
dir_nlink extra_isize
Filesystem flags:         signed_directory_hash
Default mount options:    user_xattr acl

The kernel is a 3.10.0.

> We've adjusted our avoidance of copy_file_range()
> in this release, which may be related.
> What's the output of:
>    $ grep -E '^(HAVE|REPLACE)_COPY_FILE_RANGE' config.log
> I would expect centos7 to have:
>    HAVE_COPY_FILE_RANGE='1'
>    REPLACE_COPY_FILE_RANGE='1'

config.status defines
  HAVE_COPY_FILE_RANGE to 0
  REPLACE_COPY_FILE_RANGE to 0

config.log shows that the test for copy_file_range fails because the
function is not declared. /lib64/libc.so.6 does not have it either.